Free exercise classes (and equipment) for Bedfordshire residents
The Disability Resource Centre is breaking down the barriers and providing an exciting package of support to help people living in Bedfordshire (both Bedford Borough and Central Bedfordshire) and Luton to exercise safely at home including:
- Free beginner-level online classes by local fitness professionals
- Join the free classes online by live video or watch pre-recorded sessions and exercise any time
- Free exercise equipment hire of items like resistance bands and balls
- Free tablet computer hire and technology training for people without a smartphone, PC/Mac or tablet, so they can join the online sessions
Free Facebook exercise sessions
As part of the Central Bedfordshire Council the Active Lifestyles Team are dedicated to the development and delivery of physical activities and wellness programmes. They are aiming to provide the whole community with the opportunity to lead an active, healthy and happier lifestyle.
The Active Lifestyles Team say “Being physically active can help improve both your mental and physical health. Moving more can also help you get a good night’s sleep, which helps your brain to rest and recharge.
Whether you are completely new to physical activity or would like to do a little more each day, why not try one of the free Facebook sessions on offer.”
See the leaflet below for full details.
Here are some useful links to websites and organisations for advice during the coronavirus crisis.
Regularly updated coronavirus information from Citizens Advice:
- Check what benefits you may be entitled to
- If you need help paying bills
- If you’re struggling with living costs
- If your employer tells you not to work
- If your partner makes you feel threatened/frightened
The Disability Resource Centre – The Disability Resource Centre is a local charity and has useful information and free services listed on their website. The team is contactable by telephone, email, Facebook Messenger, text, WhatsApp and you can chat directly to the team on the website.
Paying your utility bills
Paying your rent or mortgage
Help for the self employed
Managing your money
Can you help?
The National Care Force is a nationwide network of care providers, healthcare workers and volunteers ready to support the most vulnerable during the coronavirus outbreak. See the The National Care Force website for full details.