airplane64 - Pink

Contact us for information & help on immigration in Central Bedfordshire

Please CONTACT US if you would rather speak to the Advice Central team, for free and confidential assistance, we can help you with all your immigration enquiries in Central Bedfordshire.

Citizens Advice Bureau:

Advice Guide

Citizen’s advice bureau offers a self-help advice guide that provides lots of information. The above link will take you to the immigration page which provides basic information and also links to other services and organisations that specialise in the immigration area.

Coming from abroad and claiming benefits

If you are an EEA national who has come to the UK and you want to claim certain means-tested benefits, you may have to satisfy the conditions of a test, known as the habitual residence test. In some cases the test can also appy to British citizens coming back to the UK after time spent abroad. The above link takes you to advice guide where you can find out about the habitual residence test and whether you need to meet the condtions of the test. 

Local Citizen’s Advice Bureau’s where you can have a face to face appointment are:

Amphthill and District citizens advice bureau

Dunstable and District citizens advice bureau 

Leighton-Linslade citizens advice bureau

Links to Local Help:

Bedfordshire Refugee & Asylum Seekers Support (BRASS)

BRASS is an established charity working to empower, inform, and support refugees and asylum seekers, also protecting rights with an aim to develop independence and involvement in UK society. BRASS has a free drop-in advice service that requires no made appointments. They also offer refugees and asylum seekers who have difficulty grasping English 1-2-1 tuition with a volunteered tutor.

Central Bedfordshire Council

Central Bedfordshire Council  provide a settlement checking service is a partnership between the UK Visas and Immigration and Central Bedfordshire Council. The Service allows customers to submit their SET(M) application for permission to settle permanently (also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain) in the UK as a spouse or partner of a British Citizen or settled person at a Registration Service.